Friday, January 21, 2011

Favorites For Friday

I recently had someone on Etsy ask me if I would consider oxidizing one of my copper bracelets for them if they decided to purchase it. I have to admit that over the years of making jewelry my tastes have basically stayed the same but some things I have opened my mind to. Oxidizing is one thing and I answered that, of course I would. Then I started thinking about all the possibilities there are when you do oxidize metals and it actually got me thinking that maybe I ought to get my act together and make a few things. Till then, I thought I would share some of the pretty mixed metal items I found over on Etsy. I was surprised there was only 6 pages when I typed in "oxidized mixed metals" as my search.

Mixed Metals Copper Squares with Sterling Silver - Dream Belle Designs
(these are dainty but I LOVE them!)


Wavy Mixed Metal Ruffles & Ridges Earrings - Pobbletoes


Brushed Golden Teardrop Oxidized Sterling Silver Dangle Earrings - Glitz Glitter


Mixed Metals Sterling Skull Copper Earrings - KimVGlass


Chandelier Oxidized Sterling Silver Wire Heart Earrings - Mayahelena


I still love looking at shiny metals but after checking out these beautiful designs I definitely want to explore the world of oxidizing. As always, once I do I'll post some pretty pics here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you sure found some beautiful pieces! I too am warming up to the oxidized stuff a bit more, though I still like my shiny stuff!

    ReplyDelete