Friday, February 4, 2011

Favorites For Friday

If you have followed my blog for a while you will know (though maybe not remember) that I actually started blogging right after I lost my job (laid off) at the beginning of 2009. Also, if you follow the news at all you will know that Las Vegas has an unemployment figure of 14% so as you can imagine, I was one of MANY looking for work and without much success. So I spent my time blogging and doing what I could with my Etsy shop, living in hope that I was not on the scrap heap. Well, last week I started a new job (only took 2 years and a bit). That is why this weeks Favorites For Friday only includes one item from Etsy and it is a photo of my new employer. Yes, I waited all that time only to get a job at the historic Las Vegas Hilton!! I am working in the retail department and so far I am really enjoying it. Of course, it is just great to not be sitting around the house all the time in my pajamas but I actually am enjoying working there as everyone (so far) has been really friendly.

Las Vegas Hilton Matted Fine Art Photograph - Angels Time


Hopefully now I will be more in the mood to blog and also have more to blog about as I know I have been a bit lax other than my Favorites posts. I will also have to find the time since I am now back in the workforce :).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job at the Hilton! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'S fabulous news, Theresa! Congratulations. I wish you well in your new job!

    ReplyDelete