Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Almost Time....


for me to re-open my shop. On Etsy at least. One thing I've been mulling over in my time off has been whether or not it is worth having three shops. I know that some people seem to do real well having more shops on several of the handmade sites but I found that I didn't feel like I was able to put in enough time on each of them to make it worth it. Might just be a good idea to try to be a success at one THEN I can consider having 2 or 3 shops.

Another thing I've been thinking a lot about is branding. You know, logos and the like. I really liked the idea of my photos of my little treasure chest with my jewelry in it as my little trademark but then again I'm not so sure. Also, was thinking since my shop is actually called tstreasures.etsy then I was considering sticking with that as opposed to Theresa's Treasures. I know it means the same but maybe just sticking with it to be more consistent. These are things that I'm torn about so any opinions are appreciated.

I'm thinking about the beginning of June for re-opening. I'd like to have a few new items to go with the old items so that when I do re-open it isn't just all the same old stuff. That is another thing I've been trying to do. Of course, I'd like to get a real handle on my photos and am trying to get a better light box together.

My biggest problem so far has been I have SOOO many ideas of designs but no resources to make them. One of the things about chainmaille in particular is you need rings....lots of them. OK so aluminum is pretty cheap but I think people see it in the description and think of pop cans. It is such a great metal to use but I seriously think people have a negative outlook on it. Maybe it's me or I'm being super sensitive. I love the stuff.

Anywhooo, watch this space and I'll let you know when the big day is.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Can't wait to see what all you make too! As for the name, there is something being said on Etsy about being about to change our shop names without having to open another shop but I haven't had time lately to really look into it.

    ReplyDelete