Wednesday, March 17, 2010

REALLY Bad New Photo


Actually it just looks a bit grainy now that I'm looking at it again. Needless to say, it is definitely not one I would use to sell this necklace on Etsy...lol. I just had to share since it is one of the first things I've finished in ages. Well, didn't even really finish it yet since I still have to put on a clasp, but close enough. I found the hematite fan ages ago at a bead shop I rarely go to over by the airport here in Vegas. That main part is actually strung and then I added the chainmaille bits on the sides. I used bright aluminum rings and so the maille part is very lightweight. I was quite happy with how it came out although I did end up having to get some help on the stringing part from my friend Jennifer as it had been so long since I'd done any I was having a heck of a time getting it to sit just right. I took a few other photos of things I was playing around with but they were even worse. If I had Photoshop it wouldn't have made any difference with the other photos, THAT is how bad they were!! Really need to find a decent new set-up for a light-box.

I wanted to say thanks to all who commented on my last post about tutorials. I have to say that for the most part I agree about the fact that if you search hard enough you will find a free tutorial for just about anything. I do agree that people who do put together tutorials put a lot of time an effort in so yes they deserve payment for that but I can't see why anyone would take the time to do a tutorial for say, peyote weave, and then charge for it when there are a zillion and one free tutorials out there. At the end of the day, I'd rather keep more money for beads and jump-rings and wire!

6 comments:

  1. what a very interesting piece. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely necklace! I really like hematite but find it very difficult to photograph so my pieces always look way better in person. If the bead store you went to faces the airport runway, I think I saw it when I went there last summer. I noticed a bead store but of course I'd probably never be able to find it if not looking at it from an airplane! We did go to Bead Haven in Summerlin I believe - it had lots of fun beads to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the piece...very edgy :)
    Happy St. Patrick's Day, my blogging buddy ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to find out about the old team, EJDSS. Can you contact me about it thru Etsy or my personal email?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Theresa's Treasures" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors (not to mention customers!) here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunday-drive_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful design! Never underestimate the power of your creativity, Theresa.

    ReplyDelete