Friday, January 1, 2010

Favorites for Friday

I have Lin from Duck and Wheel with String and Sharla over at Beaded Tail to thank for this weeks Favorites. If you happened to read their comments on my last post about New Year's Resolutions it got me thinking about rather than making a resolution how about set out to try to learn something new this year. With that in mind I picked a few lovely items that represent what I would love to learn though I doubt I'd be able to learn all this year since that would probably cost a small fortune. Needless to say, here are my picks for this week.

Silversmithing - Delicate Daisy & Branch Ring by zulasurfing


Lampworking - Clarabella Focal Bead by Charleston Beadworks



Knitting - Forest Elf Wrap Around Shrug Pattern by Janice Rosema


Resin Jewelry - Big Star of Sprinkles Ring by Athina Labella

So thanks Lin and Sharla for the great idea. I figure I'm still young enough that if I only get to learn one this year I have a few years left in me to try to get the rest in...lol.

5 comments:

  1. I would love to learn lamp working, too. I'd like to take a class in it this next summer if nothing else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I LOVE that shrug. I might have to make that bad boy. There is a wonderful knit shop on my way home from work, but it isn't cheap, so I have to be serious when I head there for a project. And be careful with the resin--it is very toxic and you have to have something to prevent you from breathing the fumes. I tried it but you really need other skills (which you already have) to make the jewelry out of what you make.

    I'm really excited to see what you do this year! Glad we can all try something new together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all wonderful techniques to learn! I forgot about lampwork beads - that's one of my goals too! I took a glass fusing class last fall and it was a lot of fun to make dichoric jewelry so I'd like to expand on that too. Now to find the time for it all!

    Anyway, I can't wait to hear what you learn this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lampwork bead is gorgeous. I definitely need to learn more about product photography this year!

    Happy new year and good luck with your endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lampworking is something I'd really like to learn. I'm going to try to find a class or a mentor here in Honolulu.

    ReplyDelete