Thursday, May 7, 2009

Camera Woes, Tagged and Thanks


Ahh so many things to blog about that I am using one post for all three. Firstly, my camera woes, or more specifically my rechargeable battery woes. Monday I decided I needed to take some photos, I have a section in my Etsy shop which is 10 Bucks or Less. I thought it would be good to pad it out a bit. I knew my batteries were dead so come the afternoon I plug in my charger and leave it. Fast forward to next day about 10am, I get my nice little home-made lightbox all set up and get all the earrings I want to photograph, put the batteries in and my camera starts up just fine. Then, the battery icon lights up and POOF it turns off! Ugg how frustrating, I've only had the batteries since January, did I overcharge them? So, I go to the Energizer site and can't really figure out what I did but I figure I'll call Customer Service. Sure enough, the woman helping says I most likely did overcharge them and would I like for them to send me a $15 coupon to use to buy some more? Ummm YEAH!! Of course I want to save money if I'm going to have to buy new batteries. As you can see I did manage to charge the batteries enough to get a few pics so I've already started listing the earrings and will be doing so over the next few days.


Now onto being tagged. Lisa from Alterity Art has tagged me and I gotta tell you Lisa I tried to start this post as a response to the tag. I really did. I had the first paragraph done and then when I got to the part where I had to list 8 things I'm looking forward to, well I got to number 2 and then, that was it. Then I looked at the next 8 I was supposed to write about, 8 things I did yesterday. Oh my goodness, I really don't want to bore people to death with my blog. Believe me, the most exciting thing I did yesterday was walk to the Post Office and back. I will tell you what the 2 were that I managed to fill in for what I'm looking forward to:
  1. My 81yo mother-in-law coming over from England for a visit on Sunday.
  2. Getting a job
I was tempted to fill in the last one for the rest too but I didn't want to sound like a complete loser (haha). So thanks Lisa for the tag and well, at least I tried ...right?

Lastly, I want to thank John over at John Wright Art. I received my print today that I won here on his blog. It is lovely and I can't wait to get a nice frame for it.

1 comment: