Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tramps Like Us....

I was recently tagged by Pink Pooch Designs (great blog and gorgeous jewelry) with a Kreativ Blogger Award. Basically you have to list 7 things you love. I decided that I would focus on one thing I love because it is relevant right now (for me at least). I've always loved music and it's always been something very important to me. Some of my best memories of my teenage years was sitting in my bedroom listening to all my records. Most of you who have read some of my posts know that I'm unemployed and so many of Bruce's songs are about feeling desperate or in a bind (so to speak) which right now actually makes me feel better to listen to.

Last Friday, my husband and I drove down to Glendale (Phoenix), Arizona to go and see Bruce and the E Street Band. Yes, the bills and rent were paid and I've been eating a lot of soup and noodles just so we could go (sacrifices must be made). That is how important it is for me to see The Boss. They have this system for people who have general admission tickets, you get to the arena between 2-5pm and get a wristband with a number on it. At about 5.30 you line up and a guy tells you how many are allowed in the "pit" for that nights show. Friday it was 400 and then they call a number and the first 400 after that number get in. The number was 161 and our numbers were 315 and 316 so we were in. Ok, so we weren't as close as we were in the above pic but still pretty darn close. That is why I used that photo. It was taken last year in Kansas City and if you look at the bottom where the Security guy is, to the right is a redhead and a guy in a black t-shirt....that's us. Now, I may never get that close again but I'm sure as heck gonna try every chance I get.

Without music in my life I probably would never have done the things I've done or become the person that I am or I might very well have not even been here at all. This is why I love music so much and why it has meant what it has to me throughout my life...it has made me feel alive. So as Bruce would say......

IS THERE ANYBODY ALIVE OUT THERE?????

1 comment: